Tuesday, July 2, 2013

4th of July Treats!

My mom and I have agreed, we could give or take the fireworks on the 4th of July. For us, it's all about the food! For me at least, it's almost 95% about making sure the food is patriotic and well-prepared, and less about actually eating the food.

Since I really shouldn't eat five different desserts in a day, let's take a vote! Tell me in the comments below which dessert idea you think is the best.

Option 1: Rice Krispy Treat Cake Balls

I saw this photo on Pinterest for American Flag Cake Pops. Since I seem to be unable to make cake pops that actually stay on the stick, or are even round for that matter, I thought I would make Rice Krispy treats, and dip those in melted white chocolate. Rice Krispy treats are slightly more mold-able than cake pops are, and the idea of them dipped in white chocolate...yum.



Option 2: Red, White, and Blue Layered Cupcake

Now this looks like it could be a lot of work, but I absolutely love cupcakes. You give me a reason to celebrate, and I'll be sure to have a themed cupcake for you. Take a look a these patriotic cupcakes:


Option 3: Fruit Parfait

This would be a slightly healthier option (okay, completely healthier option) but still just as fun. And really easy! Check out this strawberry and blueberry parfait here, or look below. 



Now these look like a bundle of fun to make, and they're probably even more fun to eat! However, they also look like they could be a total flop if I did anything the wrong way...but they just look like so much fun! 


Option 5: American Flag Cake

As much as I love cupcakes, I love baking cakes just as much. In fact, sometimes I love them more, just because you don't have to frost 24 individual cakes. I've been eyeing a cake like this for a long time and I think it looks pretty easy to make! There is nothing I love more than a tall, layered cake. I think I would use white chocolate chip morsels or white sprinkles to make that starry look!


Well, let me know what you think! Maybe I'll do a review on how my dessert-making goes. Let me know if you would like to see if these are able to be done by "normal" person (AKA, not done by a DIY Super Hero)! 

Until next time,
Lindsay



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for including us in your round up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! Thanks for stopping by our blog :)

      Delete