Friday, July 5, 2013

Go GREEK!

I haven't always been a fan of Greek yogurt. In fact, the first time I had it I thought it was worse than peas. And coming from me, that's something. Peas are like little green balls of evil.

Anyway, Greek yogurt is now my go to snack. Or breakfast, depending on the day. I've tried quite a few brands now, and to keep you from wasting your money trying different brands, I'll share my insight with you!

Brand #1: Yoplait

Image source: www.yoplait.com

Certainly not the best, or even close to the best. Yoplait's Greek yogurt isn't sweet enough. Which is confusing, when you read the label and see it has 20 grams of sugar in it! Just because we're being healthy, doesn't mean we want it to taste healthy, am I right?

Brand #2: Chobani

Image source: www.chobani.com
Chobani is the face of Greek yogurt. I think of Greek yogurt, and I see a cup of Chobani Greek yogurt. Chobani's Greek yogurt is actually the first Greek yogurt I every tried, the one I thought was so disgusting. And let me tell you, while Chobani is certainly not my favorite (only certain flavors I can eat) it is several steps higher than Yoplait's Greek yogurt. And, when comparing nutrition facts (Chobani's can be found here) Chobani actually has 1 gram of sugar less than Yoplait. Yet somehow, it tastes a bit sweeter, and somewhat less like you're eating a spoonful of sour cream. 

Brand #3: Oikos
Image source: www.oikosyogurt.com
Oikos Greek yogurt is my favorite. There is simply no doubt about it that Oikos is the BEST! Oikos has the lowest amount of sugar in it, at only 18 grams (nutrition facts here) and it happens to be the sweetest tasting! Now it's not overpoweringly sweet, like you're eating a cup of pudding, nor is it even as sweet as regular yogurt. It still has that thick and creamy, slightly sour taste of Greek yogurt, without being too sour cream-y tasting. Oikos is sweet enough that I can actually eat any flavor of it (my favorite though, is the Coconut one)! 

So there you have it! Taste-wise, and nutrition-wise, Oikos is the best! It's also the best for your pocket book. You can get a four pack of Oikos for about the same price that you can get two single-serve cups of Chobani's for. 

Until next time! Post your favorite Greek yogurt (or any yogurt) brand and flavor below!

No comments:

Post a Comment